Monday, August 20, 2012

30 Weeks!

We finally hit the 30 week mark, which makes me think there might actually be an end to all of this somewhere in the near future! I officially don't remember what its like to NOT be pregnant. I have no recollection of what it is like to put on pants that have a button and a zipper, I couldn't imagine sleeping through the night without getting up to pee 3 times, and walking up the stairs without feeling like I just ran a marathon is just a distant memory. Here is some photo evidence of my current situation:


Yikes. My mom thinks its hilarious that I won't go do mirror aisles in stores anymore, but it's just too scary. I accidentally caught my own profile reflection in a window yesterday and just about fell over. Oh well, I know it will all be worth it in the end.

Two weeks ago we had our 28 week doctor appointment, complete with the "dreaded" Gestational Diabetes test...


Everyone seems to make a HUGE deal about drinking this stuff, when in reality it just tastes like flat Sunkist. Like I told my friends on Instagram, I willingly drank way more disgusting stuff on a regular basis in college. (Case in point: Jagermeister.) The worst part of the test for me was waiting to get my blood drawn. We had our doctor appointment during the hour wait, but it was a quick one so Ryan and I still had about 25-30 minutes to wait before they could take my blood. Neither one of us is very good at waiting, so I was not happy about the possibility that I would have to do this again and wait 3 hours if I failed this time. Luckily, my score was just over 100 and you have to be under 130 to pass. The nurse told me I got an A+! This was actually pretty surprising since Ryan and I basically ate an entire cake in the 72 hours prior to the test. 

Everything else at the appointment was normal. The funniest part was when the nurse was trying to get his heart rate and as soon as she would put the doppler on, he would kick right where she put it and move away. This happened 3 or 4 times and I was about to die laughing. She said we have a very stubborn baby (NO idea where that came from... must be a paternal trait???!??!) but he finally gave in and his heart rate was 139. Seems so low compared to the 150s and 160s of before but I know it slows down as he gets bigger. Another GREAT part of the appointment was when they checked my weight and I LOST A POUND! Considering the whole "we ate an entire cake in 72 hours" thing above, I was prepared for her to tell me I gained 10 pounds or something. My weight gain was 11.7 pounds and now it is 10.7. Now if only I can keep that up over the next 2.5 months - HA HA!

Our next appointment is September 4th (32 weeks) and we get to see our little guy one last time before we meet him. I had a "very slight" placenta previa at 20 weeks and our doctor wants to make sure it has moved up since then. I hope it has - and I hope the next 2 months fly by like everyone says they well!

No comments:

Post a Comment